Are you passionate about creating, and integrating systems solutions? Are you someone who is always curious, and consider yourself motivated by new discoveries? If so, Robinson & Cole, LLP is looking for you.
The Hartford office of Robinson & Cole, LLP seeks a Financial Systems Software Engineer interested in being part of an experienced IT team dedicated to the operational success of Aderant and the firm's financial systems. This position will lead product management, service support, and hands on design, development and testing of financial system improvements. As you gain experience you will be called upon to understand vendor product roadmaps and research industry innovations. In addition, you may contribute to the ongoing implementation of our Common Data Management architecture that is responsible for ensuring the integrity of critical business data. Future opportunities to grow your technical skills working on systems outside of the finance domain are possible.
Opportunities for professional development in a thriving IT department are plentiful. Management encourages time spent sharing knowledge amongst team members and independent learning. Attending conferences and training classes is also supported.
• Work directly with business leaders and end-users to learn processes and establish system standards for Aderant and other integrated financial applications
• Plan and implement system software updates; working with users, analysts and software engineers to determine impact and provide recommendations
• Function as liaison between firm and product vendors
• Develop forms, queries and reports for Aderant and other financial systems
• Construct SQL database tables, stored procedures and other objects to support customizations
• Prepare and maintain system architecture technical documentation
• Ensure that the financial systems remain current and are operating at optimal performance levels
• Balancing time between customer service, development and strategic research is critical
• Bachelor's degree in computer science / related field or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in developing Aderant reports, updating forms and writing complex SQL queries
• Experience supporting Aderant and other financial systems
• Working knowledge of application delivery following Project Management methodologies and use of systems development life cycle processes
• Certifications related to Aderant, financial systems, application development or architecture design
• Experience with data brokering technologies, such as Integration Builder or other integration software
• Experience in programming concepts and languages such as .NET, ColdFusion and HTML
For consideration, send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Human Resources Generalist.
Robinson & Cole LLP
280 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103
Fax: (860) 541-4929