About D'Alessio Law Group
D'Alessio Law Group is a dynamic Los Angeles based Immigration, Entertainment and Corporate law firm, and one of the top 15 fastest growing law firms in the United States. We proudly serve our clients by delivering innovative legal and immigration solutions. DLG was founded on the premise of providing high quality legal representation with a focus on excellent client service and individualized attention by those who have personal experience with the immigration process.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Administrator/COO who is highly reliable and self-motivated, and can navigate changing priorities with little to no supervision. Compensation is highly competitive and ultimately based on performance.
The Chief Operating Officer is a Manager responsible for the day-to-day management of the Firm's business operations. The COO plans for the changing needs of the organization, and contributes to cost-effective management throughout the organization. Their primary goal is to relieve the Owners of the routine tasks involved in managing the business and should be a strategic partner with the Owners, leveraging the firm's business plan and budget to help drive strategy to increase topline revenue and bottom-line profits.
Systems Development & Operations Management:
1) Creates, implements and maintains the Firm's policies, systems & procedures: Assures that the firm's activities are fully documented in writing, Trains the staff in their respective duties using the Firm's written policies and procedures, Collaborates with Owners to define KPIs to define success, measure results, and optimize productivity of the staff, Monitors and enforces the Firm's rules to ensure that all work is completed in accord with the Firm's approved policies & procedures
2) Principal responsibility for the Firm's IT systems: Designs the Firm's IT systems to minimize waste and maximize internal efficiencies, Works with vendors as necessary to implement and maintain IT infrastructure, Trains staff on use of all systems and enforces proper use of the same
3) Assures that employees have the tools they need to perform their duties: See IT responsibilities above, Purchases routine office supplies and approved office equipment
5) Performs a liaison function between the firm and the landlord, to assure: Maintenance activities are performed and Facility problems are solved, Cleaning services are satisfactory, Emergency protocols and plans are set out and ready when needed
1) Recruits, hires, orients, trains and acts as the firm's staff supervisor
2) Implements and enforces the Firm's personnel rules and employment policies
3) Performs or supervises the payroll function
4) Evaluates staff around defined KPIs and makes recommendations to the Owner regarding work assignments, salaries, bonuses and discipline
5) Performs Quarterly Reviews
6) Coordinates with other Department heads to forecast hiring and work force needs
1) Supervises the Firm's bookkeeping function
2) Manages the Firm's billing functions and Performs collections activities
3) Monitors financial statements, prepares budgets, and advises the Owner when problems are observed
4) Collaborates with Owner to improve financial controls and analyze key financial reports to identify inefficiencies in the Firm and spot opportunities for improvement to the Firm's bottom-line
1) Collaborates with the Owner on the Firm's overall Business and Marketing Plans, and helps strategize opportunities to improve the sales and marketing departments of the Firm
2) Assists the owner with marketing activities and Coordinates firm events
Education & Experience
At a minimum, the COO will have graduated from a recognized university with major course work in business administration or management, finance, human resources, technology, marketing or comparable work experience. An MBA and professional certifications like the Certified Legal Manager (CLM) designation is preferred.
The COO must have previous knowledge of legal or other professional service organizations. Experience in operational process refinement, budgeting, and HR is of highest importance.
An ideal candidate will have 15+ years' experience as a COO/Legal Administrator, managing law firm operations for small as well as large firms.
Skills & Abilities
The COO must be able to identify and analyze complex issues in management areas, recommend and implement solutions, manage office functions economically and efficiently, establish priorities and maintain good interpersonal relations and communications with staff.
Experience with Immigration Law a plus, as well as technical experience such as creating and managing databases, and experience with PipeDrive, Clio, Xero, Chrometa, Skype, Dropbox, Google Apps.
** PLEASE NO CALLS TO THE OFFICE REGARDING THIS POSITION **