Manage overall operations of 85+ attorney local office of national firm. Work in partnership with the Office Managing Partner and national departments to deliver superior support services and business results. Responsibilities include oversight or direct administration of: facilities management, workflow coordination, secretarial and other support staff management, information governance, library services, information technology, telecommunications, docketing, billing and collections. Responsible for office budget preparation and variance analysis. Play an integral role in communicating expectations, standards and awareness of Firm policies. Partner with Human Resources in administering performance evaluations, salary and benefits, employee relations, training and development. Coordinate with national department heads and regional departmental personnel in the areas of Telecommunications, Information Systems, Project Management, Conflicts, Marketing and Business Development, Legal Hiring, Professional Development and Business Planning. Requirements include: excellent management/leadership skills, ability to work in matrix leadership organization and to take direction from multiple stakeholders. Strong oral and written communication skills required, including ability to have peer level dialogues with firm partners and ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff and outside contacts. Ability to analyze complex issues and problems and recommend and implement solutions. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to compile and present data through preparation of concise detailed reports. Proven multi-tasking ability to deliver consistent results in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Work in partnership with Office Managing Partner and local practice department leaders to manage, oversee and support day-to-day operations of the Century City office.
- Financial Management including budgeting, variance analysis, billing and collections, administration of local accounts payable functions, review and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Human Resource Management including recruiting, selection, training and development, performance evaluations, salary administration, employee relations, discipline, benefits administration and other human resource management functions for paralegal and support staff.
- Performance Management including coaching, mentoring and assisting with professional development of local department managers and support staff.
- Facilities Management including coordination of local technology support, space planning and design, purchasing, inventory control, reprographics, information governance, reception, telecommunications, messenger and other facilities management functions.
- Social and client local event planning.
Additional Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances:
- Occasional travel to other offices of the firm.
- Active participation with internal peer or leadership team sub-groups as assigned.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of local market standards for law firm administration of specific functions.
- Demonstrate active participation in self-development with technology advances.
- Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources or other related discipline preferred. Minimum of 7 years previous leadership experience in a legal or other professional services organization of comparable size required. Strong project management and human resources background preferred.
Advanced Microsoft Office suite and related technologies with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point. Excellent management/leadership skills, strong oral and written communication skills.