The law firm of Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee, PLLC has an opportunity for an outstanding individual to join our team as the Director of Human Resources.
Manages all human resource matters regarding personnel within the firm. This may include, but is not limited to, administration of the process of hiring, assignment, supervision, training, evaluation, discipline, termination, salary and bonus administration, and maintenance of human resource records.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a strong knowledge of employment laws and comprehensive knowledge and experience in the administration of benefits, payroll and policy design, and implementation.
- 5+ years of broad-based human resources management experience within a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Maintaining an effective staffing structure and ensuring compensation and benefit plans complement firm objectives.
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations and legal requirements by, or through, corrective actions, policy updates, and personnel training as needed.
- Ensuring effective, and legally compliant, personnel relations including recruiting, new employee orientation, employee counseling, promotions, transfers, terminations, and exit interviews.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and internal staff to actively manage benefits programs, renew contracts, and research employee benefits questions or problems.
- Supervision of legal assistants, paralegals, clerks, and other staff members with an emphasis on client service, best practices, skill training, and high productivity.
- Ability to provide transformational leadership that allows for the design and implementation of highly effective policies, procedures, staffing, and processes uniformly across the entire firm.
- Serve as a resource to the firm's Managing Partners, Firm Administrator, and as a key member of the firm's administrative management team.
- A willingness to be "hands-on" and take on all other responsibilities as assigned.
Naman, Howell, Smith & Lee is a Texas based law firm that has provided exceptional legal services since 1917 with over 65 attorneys, 75 staff, and offices in Austin, Fort Worth, San Antonio, and Waco. The firm offers competitive pay rates, excellent benefits, and a great culture to work in.
The Director of Human Resources is an exempt position that will be located in the firm's administrative offices in Waco, TX. Regular travel to the firm's other offices will be required as part of this position with reimbursement provided at the federal rate.
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.