Earthjustice is seeking a full-time Office Manager (titles as Senior Legal Practice Administrator at Earthjustice) to oversee finance, operations, and administrative functions for its Community-Based Initiatives program and to provide facilities and operational support to its Los Angeles office. The Managing Attorney in the Los Angeles office will supervise the Senior Legal Practice Administrator.
To learn more click here: https://earthjustice.org/about/jobs/37411/senior-legal-practice-administrator
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 5-7 years' professional office management or equivalent experience; experience with a multi-site organizational structure preferred.
- Understanding of and comfort with accounting and budgeting systems.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting organizational goals and deadlines.
- Paralegal experience or training, and/or a non-profit background are a plus, but not necessary.
- A can-do attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and with colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, organizing, and project management skills.
- Unrelenting commitment to high ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Common sense, good judgment, professionalism, and composure under pressure.
- Advanced computer skills and a high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to assist remote IT staff in troubleshooting local computer, network, videoconferencing, and phone problems.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission- and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package that includes excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- One or two page cover letter that addresses why you are drawn to Earthjustice's mission and any experiences you have working with people or communities who have been disproportionately affected by environmental harms or from backgrounds that differ from your own, and how you might apply those experiences at Earthjustice.
Click here to apply: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oc5Q8fwZ&s=ALA
If you cannot attach one or more of the requested documents because of a technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.