Moritt Hock & Hamroff, LLP, a 70-attorney law firm with offices in Garden City and New York City has an exciting opportunity for a HR professional. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all HR administration and operations, reports to the COO and works collaboratively with the firm's Senior Management Team. This position is based in the Garden City office, but regularly scheduled visits to our NYC Office will be necessary.
The HR Manager is responsible for all HR administration and enforcement of HR policies.
Recurring responsibilities Include:
Human Resources Management / Talent Acquisition
• Recruiting – full cycle recruiting for support staff, manage recruiting and interviews for professional staff.
• Onboarding of new employees – prepare orientation packages, conduct orientation and process all paperwork; continue to work with new employees to integrate them into the Firm; receipt and delivery of Firm Manual.
• Employee terminations – work with Firm management to make decisions, when necessary; prepare termination papers and exit interviews for employees leaving the firm.
• Employee relations – communicate with employees on a daily basis to manage work needs, meet with employees when issues arise and hold employee staff meetings.
• Training – coordinate as needed.
• Remain current on changes in Federal and State benefit and labor laws; update policies as needed.
• Supervising Legal Assistant/Secretarial staff, managing workflow and ensuring resources are maximized.
• Managing secretarial coverage, assignments and overtime.
HR Administration/Payroll/Benefits Administration
• Firm manual – update policies, recommend changes, distribute comments and suggestions to HR partner.
• Processing semi-monthly payroll- reviewing overtime, making changes and managing benefit deductions.
• Benefits administration – enroll and terminate members in health and 401(k) Plans; assist employees with problems; process insurance payments and Profit Sharing Plan pay-outs.
• Manage year-end performance, salary and bonus reviews (October – December) – prepare charts for Management Committee; set up templates and manage review process, prepare merge docs for employee files, process bonus payroll; implement new salaries (January).
• Coordinate annual health insurance renewal (April – June) – review proposals from vendors, manage enrollment and plan changes.
Special projects and tasks as they arise for the firm.
A bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field is required. Several years of progressive HR management experience in a fast-paced, challenging professional services environment is also required. Law firm experience is strongly preferred.
Please email your resume in confidence, along with salray expectations, to Sharon Broner, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org (Equal Opportunity Employer.)