The firm is currently recruiting for an Office Administrator in our Washington, DC office. This is a Senior Manager level position. This position will provide support to the attorneys, paralegals and staff in Washington, DC. It requires ongoing interaction and communication with all levels of personnel, including senior leadership.
• Support the Office Managing Partner in achieving goals of the office.
• Responsible for the support staff recruiting process, including sourcing applicants, interviewing and hiring applicants.
• Manage the annual evaluation and compensation process for office and conduct interim evaluations of new staff.
• Resolve general support staff issues, conduct counseling, and implement disciplinary actions as needed in coordination with the Regional Administrative Director and the Human Resources Department.
• Make recommendations for staffing, to include assignments to lawyers, paralegals, and other timekeepers following internal firm procedures.
• Monitor staff attendance, vacations, and other absences from the office; arrange for the hiring of temporary employees and/or overflow coverage when needed following internal firm procedures.
• Manage support staff workflow and ensure that timekeeper needs are met.
• Manage the mail/supply operation and ensure that adequate coverage is provided at all times.
• Coordinate resolution of IT issues and scheduling of computer training for staff with appropriate IT staff.
• Assist in the preparation of the office operating expense and monitor monthly budget vs. actual progress.
• Assist in the preparation of the office capital and marketing budgets and monitor monthly budget vs. actual progress.
• Manage internal Dentons Delivers Projects as required by the firm.
• Work with internal committees as required to achieve the goals of the firm.
• Coordinate special functions and social events for attorneys and staff.
• Review and approve vendor invoices.
• Coordinate with building management on day-to-day facilities issues such as building. security, cleaning and maintenance, heating and air conditioning, emergency preparedness, and general tenant issues.
• Arrange for repairs and maintenance of the office space such as painting, carpet cleaning, furniture repair, etc.
• Coordinate office build-out projects and personnel moves.
• Oversee the scheduling of conference rooms and visiting attorney offices, including catering requests for client and administrative meetings.
• Assign office space to new employees, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff.
• Coordinate copy, fax, and other equipment purchases with Procurement/IT and necessary installation.
• Coordinate with appropriate staff and vendors for telephone, computer, online services, and litigation support.
• Coordinate disaster and emergency preparedness activities for the office.
• Special projects as may be assigned.
• Other duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in business administration or management, finance, or human resources, or have comparable work experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a mid-sized to large law firm administration required with the ability to manage multiple functions.
• Exceptionally strong HR and management skills.
• Excellent organizational and personnel management skills.
• Effective written and oral communication practices.
• Successful project management skills.
• The ability to work with all levels of employees, to manage and motivate.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Dentons offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
~~~We are an Equal Opportunity Employer~~~
Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.