The global law firm of K&L Gates LLP has an immediate opening for a Legal Billing Specialist in our Newark, NJ office.
Responsible for assisting in the review, edit, preparation and submission of invoices in accordance with the Firm and client guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generate, distribute and finalize monthly proformas
• Audit, review, and reconcile client invoices to ensure time is being billed accurately to client matters and recommend revisions as necessary
• Ensure client invoices are prepared in compliance with Firm policy, specific Alternative Fee Agreements (AFAs), and client billing guidelines
• Create final invoices and supporting documentation per client's request (hard copy, digital, and electronic)Prepare and validate backup for vendor invoices per client guidelines
• Submit electronic invoices, monitor and track progress from billing to collection
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in billing within a law firm environment
• Knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel, and Elite
• Ability to submit e-billing invoices in e-billing hub, Tymetrix 360, Bridgeway/Corridor, Ascent, Serengeti, Datacert, Counsel Link and Collaborati
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, handle interruptions while maintaining flexibility in work assignments
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact with diverse personalities while maintaining a professional attitude
• Ability to ensure a high level of accuracy and attention to detail on all assignments