Morrison & Foerster LLP
Job Posting Title: Administrative Manager, Secretarial Services
Location: Washington, D.C.
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for an Administrative Manager, Secretarial Services within our Administrative Support Services Department in our Washington D.C office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, and working closely with the Director of Administration, is responsible for supervision and performance management of the secretarial staff. Manages and oversees processes related to staffing, workflow and group administration. Manages performance development and evaluation of secretarial staff with vision towards evolving needs. Develops and leads initiatives to promote best practices in secretarial services. Responsible for the recruiting, orientation/onboarding, and training of secretarial staff, and for the orientation of attorneys, paralegals, and summer associates regarding secretarial procedures and general office matters. Oversee Trademark secretarial and docket staff. Monitor performance, workload, and overtime. Ensure docket staff is properly trained on all aspects of docketing. Establish periodic goals and monitor progress. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree plus at least five years of managerial or supervisory experience, or equivalent education and experience.
2. Prior experience in a law firm or other professional services firm, and experience supervising teams of 15-20 employees.
3. Familiarity with "pooled" or "shared services" concepts and implementation.
4. Demonstrable Project Management and Change Management expertise.
5. Remain current in industry trends in secretarial services and the legal profession.
6. Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
1. Strong team management and leadership skills, with a proven ability to develop and lead in a client service-focused environment.
2. Highly effective communications skills and ability to communicate credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization.
3. Ability to work effectively in a consensus environment and the ability to create consensus-based support for ideas and processes.
4. Ability to anticipate and to strategically address challenges to delivering consistently exceptional secretarial support services. Ability to apply big picture understanding to administrative support management in offices.
5. Ability to independently assess internal client needs and to develop and lead responsive solutions.
6. Ability to take an assignment from inception to completion with minimal supervision or by following broad guidelines.
7. Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
8. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and significant assignments.
9. Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
10. High comfort level with stressful job requirements. Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
11. Ability to keep confidential any information, observations or viewpoints regarding Firm personnel or matters.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vjzszqrn2frt4wgf