The Director of Information Technology ("DIT") is responsible for (i) visioning, structuring, planning and implementing information and technology resources for the firm, (ii) achieving of the firm's technology goals, standards, best practices, and processes, and (iii) providing strategic guidance to the Managing Partner and the firm's IT Committee regarding the same. The DIT leads and supervises all members and activities of the IT Department and has a strong focus on user service, leadership and team building.
• Collaborate with firm leadership to ensure user responsive enterprise organizational effectiveness by developing and maintaining software solutions and internal IT services that match firm goals and needs.
• Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating problems and trends, anticipating requirements, and assessing possible outcomes.
• Oversee technical projects and new solution development to ensure alignment with organizational goals.
• Increase user interaction and satisfaction with timely and high quality implementation and training.
• Manage IT Department by recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising employees with a strong emphasis on promoting a positive work environment with personal accountability and growth opportunities Identify staffing needs within the department, provide annual written reviews of department staff, and provide input on decisions regarding hiring, termination and discipline of existing staff.
• Ensure the consistency and usability of existing technical solutions by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for change.
• Preserve assets by implementing a disaster recovery plan, back-up procedures, and information security and control structures for internal and commercial software.
• Responsible for the overall up-time and integrity of internal and commercial software and hardware solutions.
• Manage and negotiate all external vendor licensing, services, and support contracts.
• Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital projects to Managing Partner, Executive Committee and CFO; responsibly manage budget allocations.
• Develop and administer firm technology policies including, but not limited to, Information Governance, Technology Use and Security.
• Implementation, management and monitoring of a wide range of security-based solutions.
• Create and maintain documentation/training on IT systems and software.
• Minimum of 15 years of progressive work experience that includes implementing and maintaining technology for an organization with over 100 users.
• Minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role with decision-making authority, preferably as the director of information technology.
• Experience with a professional services business i.e. (law firm or CPA firm). Law firm experience strongly preferred.
• Undergraduate degree in business, computer science or related field required; advanced degree a plus.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills as there is regular interaction with individuals at all levels in the firm.
• Excellent project management skills and verifiable track record of completing projects on time, on budget, and with great acceptance.
• Experience with security compliance and audits.
• Experience managing primary and backup offsite data centers.
• Working knowledge or familiarity with the following:
o Microsoft Azure Active Directory
o Microsoft Windows Environment
o Microsoft Hybrid Exchange
o Office 365 and related applications
o Switches, servers, desktop and notebooks; Microsoft Surfaces and laptops
o Mobile devices and applications including Microsoft Intune, iPhones and Androids
o Deep technical knowledge including proven experience evaluation, selecting and architecting SAN/ SD-WAN/Cloud/Virtual solutions
o Citrix remote access
o Microsoft SQL Server
o VOIP systems
o Hyper converged infrastructure
o Web technologies including intranet/extranet/collaboration platforms (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint – Online, MS Teams, Sharefile, cloud based storage, etc.
o Security solutions including anti-spam, anti-virus malware, IDS/IPS, firewalls and encryption
Please include cover letter and salary requirements with resume.