Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney is a national law firm with a proven reputation for providing progressive, industry-leading legal, business, regulatory and government relations advice to our regional, national and international clients.
We are currently seeking a Firm wide Director of Administration. This position will be based in our Pittsburgh location. This position will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and other members of Buchanan's leadership team to facilitate best practices and assist with the execution of the Firm's operational objectives, focusing of improving efficiencies and the effectiveness of administrative operations and processes Firm-wide. The Director will oversee facilities management including its outsourced office services contract, research services and competitive intelligence, and business continuity preparedness. This individual will also be instrumental in leading the development and implementation of the Firm's data analytics program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee Firm-wide Facilities Department, including the overall direction and maintenance of the office services outsourcing contract; vendor and supplier contracts related to the Facilities Department; and serve as the liaison to local offices related to facilities and outsourcing contracts.
• The Director will also assist the Chief Operating Officer with negotiating and execution of office leases and subsequent buildouts.
• Lead the Firm's emerging data analytics program with a keen focus on leveraging current and new data sources to more effectively manage and grow the business.
• Responsible for administration of the Firm's Business Continuity preparedness, leading the planning and execution of the program.
• Chair the Business Continuity Committee and be responsible for guiding all response(s) to issues, incidents and events that impact operations and the Firm's ability to continue serving clients.
• Direct the Firm's Research Services Department including all contract negotiations and supplier/vendor management.
• Oversee the continued development of the Firm's competitive intelligence capabilities and may lead research on behalf of executive leadership as it relates to strategic growth opportunities.
Supplier / Vendor Management
• Responsible for certain Firm-wide supplier and vendor relationships, including negotiations and execution of contracts.
• Oversee implementation and utilization of Supplier/Vendor Contract Management tool.
• Manage Firm-wide travel administration and Firm relationship with outsourced service providers.
• Special projects as assigned by the COO, CEO or another member of the Firm's leadership team.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
• 3-5 years' experience in an administrative director position, preferably in a law firm setting.
• Experience with data visualization methods and tools.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Buchanan Ingersoll and Rooney PC offers a benefits package that includes:
• 401K Program
• Pension Profit Sharing Program
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer