Department: Human Resources
Direct Reports: Yes
Supervised By: Chief Human Resources Officer
The Office Administrator is responsible for the daily administrative and operational functions of an office as well as the management of professional staff. The Office Administrator will handle all general office services including reception, conference room scheduling, business development support, visitor relations, budget management, and facilities management. The Office Administrator will interact with external clients as well as attorneys and professional staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises the Legal Professional Assistants (LPA), Paralegals, and Receptionists. Leads, manages, and directs the staff with clear performance expectations, measures for accountability, and professional development opportunities. Supervisory duties include selection and hiring of staff; performance and salary reviews; promotions/transfers; training, coaching and counseling. Evaluates and develops the professional growth of staff.
• Demonstrates and promotes the firm values. Helps advance employee engagement. May organize team building activities such as special day celebrations, lunches, and other employee engagement activities. Plans and implements office events like Staff Appreciation Week, holiday events, Lunch and Learns, and other events that benefit our employees.
• Oversees the scheduling of conference rooms and visiting attorney offices, including catering requests for client and administrative meetings. Coordinates conference room set-ups.
• Coordinates office assignments for staff and attorneys.
• Oversees courier and mail services as well as office supply purchasing.
• Coordinates parking assignments with garage. Troubleshoots any parking issues.
• Manages and creates security badges for employees. Coordinates safety training and implements security protocols.
• Oversees office space planning, ongoing maintenance, and renovations. Coordinates furniture procurement. Coordinates with building management regarding maintenance: lighting, cleaning, HVAC, etc.
• Oversees record keeping and off-site storage.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations. Continually implements process improvement to increase efficiency and innovation. Works with the other Office Administrators on implementing best practices.
• Manages the office budget in a fiscally responsible manner. Manages vendors relationships and contracts.
• Identifies and implements improvements to processes and functions. Serves as internal counselor for management to enhances business performance.
• Develops and enhances relationships with attorneys and staff throughout the Firm to ensure the office is properly meeting Firm objectives, and to forestall problems and enhance services to the Firm.
• Works collaboratively with other Administrative departments (Business Development, Finance/Accounting, IT, Facilities, etc.).
• Adheres to all Firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. Maintains confidentiality.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned by the CHRO.
• Bachelors' Degree in business management, human resources, accounting/finance, or a relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in office management, preferably in a law firm setting.
• Prior experience managing professional staff; HR certification strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with employees, attorneys, clients, and vendors.
• Excellent time management skills. Must effectively prioritize work/projects, meet deadlines, execute tasks, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and accommodate last-minute requests.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed. Works independently with minimal supervision. Anticipates and overcomes major obstacles, solves problems, and recognizes when issues should be escalated. Demonstrates independent judgment. Exhibits initiative and innovative thinking and drives best practices. Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as Facilities and HR system applications.
To apply, visit our Careers page: https://www.parkerpoe.com/careers/staff