Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is a national law firm with approximately 400 lawyers. Hinshaw is headquartered in Chicago is in search for its next Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). Reporting directly to the COO, the CHRO is responsible for providing the human resource vision, direction and leadership for the entire organization, made up of over 800 employees. Responsibilities are broad based and include HR Strategy and execution, organizational development, succession management, training & development, employee relations, talent management, compensation and benefits. The CHRO will also be responsible for the design and implementation of programs, policies and strategies to support the growth and ongoing transformation of the firm.
We are looking for an HR Leader with firm experience who has the ability to drive transformational change, inspire superior leadership and build a world-class human resources organization. If you are looking for the next step in your career and have the drive and experience to lead the HR function of a mid-sized law firm, this could be the opportunity for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that aligns to business goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the execution of the strategy and continued improvement of the business through implementation of innovative but practical human resource policies and programs.
- Build upon the Firm's current people programs and service delivery strategies, enhancing organizational decision-making and approaches for securing growth on a Firm wide scale.
- Create and monitor the HR budget to ensure an efficient operation. Provide guidance to functional areas regarding talent and payroll management.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Chairman, COO and the Firm leadership team on organizational structure, employee engagement and culture.
- Work closely and partner with the leadership team actively involved in the Firm's strategic plans for growth.
- Establish metrics to measure the effectiveness of the HR function in contributing to the bottom-line performance of the Firm and meet the needs of constituents across the organization.
- Supervise the HR Team through effective goal setting and performance management to include reviews, mentorship and development planning.
- Apply best practices for motivation and engagement of the HR team through regular and ongoing communication.
- Comply with and enforce all policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities to streamline, automate and maximize the efficiency of all processes.
- Conceive, develop, and direct the establishment of human resource policies and procedures and coordinate the interpretation and application of these policies at all Firm locations.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulatory, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable employment laws in all states in which the Firm maintains operations.
- Direct the administration of wage and salary policies and structures. Recommend changes in policies and structure to ensure compliance with pay equity rules and develop policies to meet compensation objectives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure the Firm's Total Rewards program is reflective of a dynamic business environment and up-to-date modes of working in an increasingly competitive business environment.
- Define the Firm's Employee Value Proposition and align the Total Rewards Program accordingly.
- Design and make recommendations on all benefit plans (medical, dental, investment, voluntary, etc.) while appropriately balancing the financial needs of the Firm with employee retention.
- Oversee the administration of all benefit plans, including managing relationships with outsourced benefits partners.
- Assess technology and other resources to optimize reach to the employee base and minimize internal administrative support required.
- Ensure market-based compensation structures are up-to-date and documented.
- Work closely with operations and finance on bonus and incentive plans.
Talent Acquisition and Development
- In partnership with the Director of Attorney Recruitment and Development, build recruitment and retention strategies that meet the Firm's human capital needs.
- Responsible for Firm wide talent management, to include selection, placement, and promotion criteria.
- Develop engagement and retention strategies, creating an atmosphere where people understand and embrace the mission and values of the Firm and carry these through in how business is conducted every day.
- Create a performance mindset and clear accountability throughout the Firm. Oversee the design, development and administration of the performance management program.
- Work with executive team to create management development strategies and programs/plans.
To Apply, please go to the following URL: https://hinshawlaw.applicantstack.com/listing/show/a2j6h4h3e967/1