Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer. This position may be filled in any of our locations.
The Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (CDO) is a key member of the firm management team and will report directly to the Chief Executive. The CDO provides leadership, vision, strategic direction and operational oversight to advance the diversity, equity and inclusion values of the firm. The CDO will lead the execution of the firm's strategy for diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I), including providing training for both staff and attorneys, implementing best practices used within the legal and business communities, and providing coaching, guidance, and education. The CDO will implement the firm's DE&I strategic plan, monitor goals, objectives and metrics for monitoring the success of the firm's DE&I strategy. The CDO will also have responsibility for assisting in the development and execution of external programs and initiatives to support the firm's commitment to equality and social justice in the communities it serves.
Please review the full job posting, including Essential Job Functions, on the Husch Blackwell Careers Site.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, organizational development or related field required; JD strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience planning, designing and delivering programs and practices related to diversity and inclusion issues in a complex, consensus-driven environment, including at least five years of relevant director-level or above experience in a large, multi-office organization. Previous legal experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to counsel attorneys, staff, and management, demonstrating confidentiality, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of D&I best practices in law firm and other professional services environments.
- A strong presence that instills confidence and understanding of key issues in the D&I legal community.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build lasting relationships and drive consensus; evidenced ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, attorneys, office, firm and practice management, clients and prospective clients.
- Proven record implementing D&I initiatives through to execution.
- Demonstrated skills in interacting with clients and coordinating on diversity initiatives with clients.
- Outstanding creative thinking skills and the ability to offer new ideas and approaches to diversity and inclusion applicable to new environments.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with varied audiences in writing, verbally and through presentations.
- Superb organizational and project management skills, coupled with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with a team, and to delegate and manage resources effectively.
- Ability and availability to travel in order to effectively implement the agreed upon strategy and the firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives (when it is safe to do so).
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying. TO APPLY, follow this link: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/HUS1001HUSCH/JobBoard/b6637591-8c8d-49b8-b093-5524b203b157/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ee7692ea-d962-49f9-8420-15a725d26bb6
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.