Cucinelli Geiger, PC Law Firm is experiencing rapid growth and actively seeking an Office Administrator who will serve as a key member for our firm. Based in Fairfax, VA, we are building a team that captures the benefits of a boutique firm while evolving with the demands of growth. Our practice focuses on Elder Law, Estate Planning and Special Needs Planning. We listen first, to understand clients' unique needs and goals, so that we can provide the advice that is best for the client's particular situation. We use the same skills to internally for employees and partners alike.
During this time of high demand and opportunity, the ideal candidate will bring your strong background in law firm administration with experience in practice growth and insight into internal process and procedures to assist our expanding law firm. Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced office that professionally serves seniors and their families including planning for disabled adults or children will prove to keep you on your toes.
This position will report directly to the Managing Partner while collaboratively working with our firm's other Partner. Serving as the "Start Here" point of contact for all day-to-day operations problem solving, you will have the opportunity to recommend solutions while quickly creating action to resolve challenges.
We offer an excellent compensation that will acknowledge your past law firm tenure and / or business specific growth experiences. Successful candidates will demonstrate and uphold a professional atmosphere that allows personal relationships that are supportive of the company's goals.
As Office Administrator, you will ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the firm. Responsibilities include:
• Proactively manage and complete the day-to-day operational needs including team management, law firm best practices, and office management.
• Coordinate with the Partners including attending most Partner meetings.
• Daily supervision of growing team of Paralegals and support staff including performance assessment, regular one-on-one management meetings and accountability, and staff meetings as appropriate.
• Recruit and screen employment candidates (attorney through administrative support staff) in conjunction with Managing Partner to meet growth needs.
• Coordinate and perform onboarding and training for all new hires.
• Develop, oversee, and maintain office systems, procedures and controls in accordance with law firm best practices and company policy.
• Work with Partners to develop annual budget and financial reporting best practices.
• Oversee, assess and coordinate with vendors, including marketing, information technologies, & bookkeeping, to support and meet the firm's objectives.
• Oversee and support all accounting efforts including client billing, financial reporting, payroll and bookkeeping.
• Oversee and maintain daily building and equipment needs.
• Ensure Bar, IOLTA and Business compliance is proactively managed and fulfilled timely.
• Assist the Managing Partner in identification of firm project needs and coordinate execution of assigned projects.
• Support administrative staff as absence or critical need requires.
• Proactively coordinate physical space needs with eye for future growth needs and workflow efficiencies within existing space.
Ideal Candidates will:
• Have minimum 5 years managing small to mid-size law firm including using law firm management and billing software.
• Have minimum 5 years of direct report supervision experience.
• Demonstrate advanced understanding of law firm profitability best practices.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of human resource disciplines.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Have excellent organizational skills including capturing, detailing and follow up skills.
• Display professionalism and patience for leading team members
• Have professional office experience using Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred, but not required:
• College degree
• Clio software experience
• DOCUMENTATION MANGEMNT SYTSEM software experience
Compensation: $68,000- $75,000 annual paid salary (and benefits dependent on experience)
Please send a current resume and a cover letter including a paragraph about why you are looking for work RIGHT now and in this industry.
Cucinelli Geiger, PC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.