This position can be located in our Dallas, Houston, or Chicago office.
Located in Dallas and reporting to the Central Region Diversity Director, the Central Region Diversity Coordinator will assist in implementing and administering the firm’s diversity and inclusion programs.
- Provides administrative support for new and ongoing diversity and inclusion programs
- Assists with the implementation of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the firm
- Maintains relationships with students, lawyers and external groups to exchange information and to plan events
- Runs monthly reports from PeopleSoft on women and lawyers of diverse backgrounds for committee meetings
- Maintains current information about diverse 1Ls met at affinity group events
- Negotiates time and format of meetings with affinity groups, lawyers and committees (beyond simple scheduling)
- Works with internal creative team to design invitations for central region affinity group events, Committee on Retention and Promotion of Women events and Diversity and Inclusion Committee events
- Works with the Diversity Communications Specialist to design ads for affinity group events
- Attends affinity group events or internal events; coordinates registration, name tags, contact sheets, materials and other logistics
- Creates electronic surveys and reports; responds to survey requests, as needed
- Creates slides for reports and presentations for various D&I-related committees
- Supports the activities and programs of the Associate Diversity Councils and/or
- Committees (ADC) in the Central Region; Researches trends on various issues related to the local Diversity and Inclusion Committees in the Central Region and ADC.
- Researches, collects data and provides recommendations to support improvements with the Diversity Mentoring Program; manages the Diversity Mentoring Program database.
- Assists with generating reports and analyzing metrics for various programs
- Collaborates with Diversity & Inclusion Department team members across all offices, as needed
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Posted: 9/23/2021 2:28:00 PM
Contact this Employer
You must be logged in to use this feature. Log in now.