Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman's Northern Virginia office is seeking a Human Resources Manager. This position is an integral part of the Northern Virginia office management team as well as a member of the firmwide HR department. Responsibilities of the position include all aspects of human resources including but not limited to leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, managing paralegal, secretary and practice assistant workflow, utilization, training, and reviews; advising attorneys, managers and staff regarding employee relations issues and developing/implementing solutions; recruiting, onboarding attorneys and staff; and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a B.A. and a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in human resources management in a law firm or other professional services environment. PHR or SPHR certification is desired. The successful candidate will have the ability to build interpersonal relationships and instill confidence and trust among professional and support constituencies; demonstrate a high-performance standard and commitment to maintaining confidentiality; and enjoy working with people. The candidate will be able to execute, interpret, and implement local and Federal labor laws in compliance with Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman standards; possess strong organizational, excellent written and oral communication, and creative problem-solving skills; and thrive in a team-oriented, fast paced environment. Candidate should have proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and an HRIS system
Representative Key Responsibilities:
• Assist with the recruitment and selection of attorneys, non-attorney timekeepers and support staff personnel.
• Supervise, manage, and evaluate all non-attorney timekeepers and support staff.
• Provide HR education and monitor adherence to all Firm policies and procedures.
• Facilitate the performance evaluation process for support staff.
• Assist with salary administration for support staff.
• Provide mentorship, counseling, and discipline, and, when necessary, termination of attorney and support staff personnel.
• Conduct exit interviews to document any issues, concerns or change recommendations.
• Manage employee relations disputes.
• Responsible for the professional development of staff.
• Plan attorney and staff events.
• Manage Workday time and attendance reporting.
• Approve staff time off and coordinate coverage as needed.
• Determine staffing allocation and ratios.
• Make recommendations regarding personnel changes.
• Keep firm-wide HR management apprised of office personnel issues.
• Lead local office Diversity and Inclusion programs
• Coach to staff and attorneys
• Coordinate and provide office status for closures or delays related to weather, emergencies, or other misc. reasons.
• Assist with orientation and on-boarding for all new hire staff and lawyers.
• Ensure office is adequately and properly staffed.
• Prepare and be accountable for annual budgets for the office, including monthly tracking of expenditures and preparation of a monthly variance analysis.
• Review and approve all vendor invoices.
• Manage office bank deposits and approve and sign check disbursement for rush check requests.
• Manage and approve miscellaneous office purchases.
• Assist in monitoring timekeeper time.