Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world's leading global law firms with offices in strategic hubs of commerce, law, and government across North America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, is seeking to hire a Regional HR Coordinator to provide regional support to multiple offices on the east coast and in the central region. Under the direction of the Regional HR Manager and Firm & Regional HR Generalist, the Regional HR Coordinator will be responsible for providing HR support within their assigned region; will support the overall planning, coordination and administration of Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and functions; and will assist with ensuring compliance with the firm's policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
This position will reside in the Boston office with a hybrid in-office/remote working schedule (three in-office days, two remote days).
Onboarding and Departures
• Coordinates and executes new hire orientations including but not limited to preparation of new hire agendas.
• Assists with coordinating and conducting 45-day check-in meetings.
• Coordinates and executes departure processes.
Evaluations & Compensation
• Assists with the 90 day, annual and/or mid-year evaluation and performance review processes
• Assists employees with evaluation systems training and issues as requested.
• Monitors and responds to assigned HR inboxes.
• Assists with processing various administrative department transactions and maintenance of job descriptions.
• Assists with various strategies, employee relations issues and voluntary and involuntary separations.
• Liaise with Shared Services Center (SSC) to ensure HRIS transactions are processed timely and accurately.
• Gains a strong understanding of HR teams and develops strong relationships with the employees within HR and regional administrative teams.
• Communicates, administers, and interprets personnel policies and procedures to personnel; provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Ensures HR services are provided as appropriate, identifies new opportunities where HR can add value, and maintains knowledge of HR issues.
• Supports firm's management principles, policies and programs and ensures they are fairly applied.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements including ensuring compliance with legal requirements and government regulations, including EEO, FLSA, FMLA, TITLE VII, etc.
• Other Responsibilities and Special Projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in HR or a related field preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience, Human Resources focused experience preferred, law firm or professional services experience is ideal. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with HRIS systems such as Workday preferred.
• The ability to work occasional overtime when needed and occasional regional office travel is required.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting "Careers."